Saturday, February 12, 2011

Agh!

I've ended up finishing the entirety of Intensive Science and Virtual Philosophy, finding it necessary to read not only the third but the fourth section, given that this section explained the way in which Deleuze's ontology of the virtual (rather than one restricted to the actual) entails an epistemology of the problematic (rather than one restricted to laws). The way in which I've organized the overall aim of my thesis, that of determining whether and how each way of conceiving (and performing) a genealogy or some genetic story indicates a different conception of the problem of genesis, compels me to have a fully adequate grasp of the basics of Deleuze's problematic epistemology. Certainly I'll need to take further notes and review the material, but I'm already very excited: with this material learned and a full draft of the comparison b/w DeLanda and Deleuze, I'll be well on my way to deliver the final blows and type that shit out.


As expected, this puts me quite a ways behind regarding my other tasks, those of compiling an inventory of substantial and rhetorical differences and writing them out in well-formed, though only draft-quality, paragraphs...


I suppose in fact I'll need to copy out some of the most important passages from these sections before I move on to typing out the material for the comparative analysis, though I suppose there's no harm at least in typing up on here the differences as I've already noted them, without a full reading of DeLanda and without citing the differences to actual text. I'll do that right before I move on to reviewing and organizing the material on spatiotemporal actualization and problematic epistemology.

No comments:

Post a Comment